Sunday, November 1, 2009

Art Every Day Month

Leah Piken Kolidas has begun her AEDM challenge for 2009 today. I decided to join the challenge this year and do something creative every day and post it on my blog. I hope this is the big nudge I'll need to post more often. I seem to put that off a bit.
Here are my first creative efforts for the month. I'm going to sell some of my work at a marketplace at Feather's Wellness Studio in Weymouth later in November. Of course, I want to have some new pieces to offer. After a lot of planning and thinking, I have decided to create some new designs to offer as prints and cards.These sketches (very faint, I know) were part of my planning. I want figures moving or dancing. (a lot of joy). Next, I made some of them into angels.The results were pretty good. So, I decided to add color to a couple of them.
I like to work in watercolor and colored pencil. The results are promising; although, I would love more detail. This is going to be a work in progress, so I'll let you know every day.

10 comments:

Ana said...

Wow, what a transformation. Very beautiful. Did you plan to sketch this form, or did it come out naturally?

Happy November Art Every Day. :)

Pam Aries said...

THese are ver y beautiful! THey have a vintage feel to them..I like that!

Leah said...

These are lovely, Janet!! Beautiful work!

Chris Zydel said...

Oh my goodness, but these dancing fairies are just so joyful and magical!! And it was fun to see your whole creative process!!

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

I love seeing your progress, and they are so pretty! Thanks for sharing!!!
Enjoy AEDM!!!
xoxo,
ja
http://julieannshahin.blogspot.com

Sam said...

Beautiful figures. I'm fascinated to see how you progress with them :-)

Judy Hartman said...

These angels ARE very joyful! Can't wait to see how they develop!
Enjoy AED!
Judy

marianne said...

thanks for sharing- it's fascinating to see the progression, and the joyful movement brings a smile- have fun with aedm

Kathryn Costa said...

What sweet angels. It is so fun sharing this journey with you!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the movement and beauty of your art! Very nice!

Buffalo Rug made from fleece.