Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Art Every Day Month Day 4



It's so refreshing to start the day ahead of myself. Does that even make sense? Once again, my time is limited. I was visiting my grandson's classroom to volunteer on Thursday mornings. Now his teacher needs me on Wednesday, instead. I told her I could be flexible because I do have that freedom. Other volunteers are busy moms (been there) who are able to give an hour or two before heading off to work or some other commitment. I decided to do a new sketch for my dancing angels. This one came to me a few days ago. I worked on the idea for a couple of days refining the original and I can't wait to paint it.
I'm trying to use a variety of figures in the work. I'm sure I won't have time until tomorrow, but at least the sketch is done.

6 comments:

Vicki Holdwick said...

I'm loving your dancing angels. And I don't see any problems with your shading in your other drawings.

xoxo

Julie Jordan Scott said...

What a blessing to watch the development of your angels...

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

These will make great Christmas cards!!! How lucky your family and friends will be!

Rebecca said...

Do you teach art to your grandson's class?

Go, angel!

Leah said...

more lovely figures!

and i know just what you mean. it always feels so good to start the day ahead of yourself.

linda said...

Beautiful sketching, so fluid and playful. Can't wait to see your painting!

Buffalo Rug made from fleece.