Saturday, November 7, 2009

Art Every Day Month Day 7


It's been a couple of busy days since I last wrote about my work. Believe me, both days were filled with important stuff. I did get a chance to work on my art cards, although the latest one still isn't finished. I thought I would share a work-in-progress as I plug along.
In keeping with my holiday theme, I wanted these angels to have colorful outfits. Several issues came up as I was working.

~A friend asked: what will I write inside? I had not thought
about the inside yet. I want it to be spiritual and uplifting.

~The details are coming along slowly because I'm using
10X14 inch paper. Faces and fingers are tiny.

~I have to talk to a printing company about reproducing these
as
cards(not really a big problem).

~How will I package them for sale?

~ Other computer/internet-related questions.

The process is fun - watching these angel spirits evolve.


Soon, I'll post a finished product! Woo - Hoo!!!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Your pictures are so playful! Lovely work.

Eugenia said...

Janet! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your thoughtful comment. I really like your blog. I also love children, I was a girl scout leader for my daughter's troop, and I'm a firm believer in treating children with respect,encouragement and honesty.
I think that children will love your illustrations.

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Lovely, I see that you are making them different nationalities like your daughter suggested!

xoxo,
ja

http://julieannshahin.blogspot.com
AEDM

Susan Reep said...

I absolutely love this.

Vicki Holdwick said...

This is really nice. So playful and artsy.

Who wouldn't love a card with this painting on the front???

xoxo

Unknown said...

Thank you all for your nice comments. I've tried to reach each of you personally to comment on your work.
Susan, I can't find a way to get in touch, so thank you for looking.

Buffalo Rug made from fleece.