Friday, November 20, 2009

AEDM Check In, November 20



Earlier this week I went to the bus stop to wait for my grandson's afternoon bus to arrive. In our part of the world, most of the trees have lost all of their leaves. Up the street from the bus stop, a neighbor has the most colorful trees out in front. When I went home, I sketched the trees so that I could paint it later.
This week has been a little busy, so I knew I would not get to the painting right away. I have just purchased some new "Inkintense Watercolor Pencils" from Michael's. So I decided to give them a try on this piece.

Last night was the Marketplace where I was participating. I brought my Angel cards for sale along with some paintings and prints. There really weren't a lot of customers. But I did get a lot of positive feedback from the other vendors and the owner/director of the Yoga Studio.
Now that the sale is over, I can go back to my art for a bit.

Thanksgiving will be here and all of the "busy-ness" that goes along with family gatherings.
I do plan to find some small stores who might be interested in selling my cards on consignment.

6 comments:

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Yes, I think you will definitely find somewhere special to sell your cards!!! and this drawing is sooooo gorgeous with the fall trees!!!! almost all our trees are bare here.

xoxo,
ja

aedm
my blog http://julieannshahin.blogspot.com

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh, I love Fall leaves and your art is wonderful! Such beautiful color!

linda said...

Wow, the colors are very bright, I think you did a great job! I totally understand you concentrating on getting consignment, but it can be a confusing process. I wonder how people go about and how folks price their work!

rachel said...

Have a happy Thanksgiving. Don't get caught up with the busy. Enjoy time with family and friends and eat lots of turkey!

Beverley Baird said...

What lovely, colourful trees.
Hope you have a great Thanksgiving.
Thanks for stopping by.

Janet said...

The trees are beautiful! I love autumn with all the rich, warm colors.

Buffalo Rug made from fleece.