Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Buffalo Stage 2


Here I have appliqued the main parts of the buffalo. I plan to sew him (Yes, it's a male) onto cream colored fleece. I embroidered a smile for his mouth, but it's barely visible. I also switched his beard to the same fleece as his fur.
Next Wednesday (12/17), Casey is having his tonsils and adinoids removed. I want the buffalo ready to give him on the night before his surgery. I'll ask him if he wants it to be a rug or a blanket. Maybe I should just finish it as a blanket.
Does anyone have any thoughts about this? Let me know, okay?
Until later... Janet

4 comments:

lizabob said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Janet. I am sure Casey will love it....makes a perfect blankie for him to take to the hospital.

Glad you had a wonderful time on the cruise. The more I hear about retirees, the more I'm beginning to think there's a life after teaching.

Unknown said...

Hi Bob,
Thank you for your comment. I hope the buffalo will give Casey security while he's undergoing surgery. His Mom, of course will be there for him, but he may need a little reassurance.
Our cruise was great fun. Ed and I have been so lucky to have this time to travel and enjoy life a little. I never thought I would retire from teaching. It's in my blood, but so is art.

DMG said...

I love the buffalo! My two grown boys are still fond of the blankets I made them, so I vote for a fleecy blanket for Casey to snuggle up under. I'll be thinking about him on the 17th.

Love,
Alberta

Unknown said...

Thank you, Alberta. A couple of friends also suggested the blanket, so I think that's what it will be. I'm going to add a few embellishments. Then, I'll post my final picture.

Buffalo Rug made from fleece.