Sunday, November 15, 2009

AEDM Check-in, November 15


Celebration!

I thought it would be fun and relaxing to do a quick little painting today. I'm going to a "girls only" birthday party for my hubby's Aunt Carol. She's just a couple of years older than he is and they went to high school together. I always thought that was remarkable.
I decided to do a watercolor sketch. I painted a cupcake tree, coffee pot and balloons. It all came out rather spontaneously. Even though we don't have an outdoor party planned, it will be fun to see all of the cousins (female of course) and Aunties in this huge Irish family.

4 comments:

Janet said...

What a sweet painting! It just says "celebration"....hope you have a fun day.

Anonymous said...

Hi Janet, Your brushwork is great! Very festive!

elk said...

love the bunch of balloons

Ana said...

I love your celebration painting, feels so very special and unique to you in connection with your own experiences of a party.
Thank you for the share.
Happy Art Every Day Month.

Buffalo Rug made from fleece.