Monday, July 6, 2009

Funfetti Cake at the Beach



On Friday my daughter asked me to help her make a birthday cake for two of her friends. She really wanted moral support and a little advice. I was thrilled to give her the help she needed.


Since the party was going to have a luau theme, she wanted the cake to be decorated to look like a beach. We bought "funfetti" cake mix and baked two layers of sweetness. She then decided she wanted figures of the girls in bikinis with their faces glued on.

I think they came out rather cute. The decorated cake looked great with the figures added to the beach.



Who knows where this will lead. She always has such fun ideas!




2 comments:

Leah said...

what an adorable cake! love it!

Unknown said...

Thank you, Leah, for commenting. This cake was a work of love for Juli. I love it when she finds ways to express her creativity.

Buffalo Rug made from fleece.