Monday, September 14, 2009

Inspiration


I have so many inspiring thoughts. Many of them are so achievable, if I would just start acting on them.

Recently, at the end of August, a friend came to visit and brought me a lovely pocket charm.
The charm is a seashell crafted in silver metal. Inside the shell is word "Inspire".
Shortly after, Leah of Creative Every Day announced that the September theme is - INSPIRATION!

This was serendipitous.

I love these events. They give me a sense of wonder. How does this happen? Can it be an accident? Is some greater force at work? I know this is an opportune time to take advantage of this valuable situation.

I know one thing, putting these thoughts into words provides substance for my ideas. So I plug along between the everyday business of life to wiggle out ways to follow through. It gives me a sense of purpose.
More on this later, I hope.

8 comments:

Hybrid J said...

I'm enjoying your lovely pix. And how wonderful and fantastic when you realized synchronicity at work! I'm big on the sync. Keep your eyes open, more is on the way ... ;)

Unknown said...

Thank you, Hybrid J. I'm watching!
Janet

Anonymous said...

Janet, yes, there is a Greater Force at work! There are no coincidences. I truly believe everything happens for a reason. Although we mere mortals may never know the reason! I think every one we meet, even in the most fleeting of ways, changes or affects our lives in some way. I'm always reminded of a story I heard about a person walking down the street who was accidently bumped into by another person and this caused them to drop their packages and have to take a minute to pick them all up, becoming annoyed in the process. BUT...had this unfortunate "accident" not occurred, and the person not delayed, they would have been crossing a street one minute earlier and would have been hit by a truck that ran a redlight....
Makes one take a moment to pause for thought, doesn't it! ;-)
It's like being thankful for those unanswered prayers too! ;-) Remind me to remember this!
Diane (Have a wonderful day! Hope you drop some packages today!)

Unknown said...

Diane,
Thank you for your visit and your inspiring words.
I always thought I was a klutz - dropping packages - makes me wonder.
Janet

Nessa Dee said...

I love these moments, too, and your pictures are beautiful!
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and your lovely comment!

Leah said...

I love synchronicity! When I have experiences like that, I always feel like it means that I'm headed in the right direction.

It was so wonderful to meet you on Saturday, Janet! Thanks so much for coming out to play!

Unknown said...

Hi Leah, It was wonderful to meet you too!
Things seem to be going in a good direction.
Thank you.

Mindy said...

so wonderful to create and play with you, janet. beautiful space over here :) here's to creative dreams made real!!! xo

Buffalo Rug made from fleece.