Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Tide Pool

This is so exciting. I finished this collage painting, finally,
today.
It is to be a wedding gift for one of my former students
who was married a couple of weeks ago.
I really tried several different designs
before this one came to me.
It's a combination of several
ideas that I had.
It seemed to work the best for the shells
that I had painted.
Her Mom told me that they both love
anything to do with the ocean.
So I figured that a tide pool of shells
with a few additions
would work.
I'm going to try a dark colored mat for it
and a simple frame.
Ill take a picture of the completed
composition in a day or two.

7 comments:

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

its gorgeous!

Janet said...

I'm sure they will love it! It's beautiful.

Lisa said...

I bet they'll love it. I do!

Unknown said...

Thank you Shelli, Janet and Lisa for your kind comments.

Madonna Davidoff said...

Beautiful collage! I'm sure the couple will love it!

ABCcreativity said...

this is gorgeous!! really speaks to me.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Andrea, I appreciate your visit.

Buffalo Rug made from fleece.