Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Muse Is Missing






I have chosen to use this title because I am so frustrated right now. I'm not sure whether it's the time of year, and she's just sleeping for a while, or if the problem is that I have a block and I'm not hearing her clearly.


For quite a bit of time, I have been searching for answers, doing a variety of activities to open up my charkra (Nia dance, Yoga, Vision Boards, Meditation, Art Classes, Photography, Reading, Sewing, etc.) just to name a few of them. In spite of my whole-hearted participation, my Muse remains secluded.



A friend recently told me to pay attention to my dreams and keep a dream journal. Last night, I think one of my dreams was about collecting bugs. Some people were creating art in the background, while I was collecting a variety of bugs. This will be a record of that particular dream...Hmmm.


This morning, I received the news that a member of my family needs financial assitance. I want so much to be able to help, but I need to find a way without impacting my family's budget. It seems that everything is so fragile these days. I would love to have a product that I can devote to help out. Sometimes, I hear those talk shows that reference the spirit of generousity and giving and how these things enrich you in numerous ways. It all sounds so wonderful, but where does one find the resources? Everything I think of for a product whether it's art, or services the idea is being explored in some way, or it requires certification. I want to think of something practical so buyers will want to purchase one or some of it. Especially given that the economy is so depressed.


Where is my Muse in all of this? I'm posting this on my blog and sending it out to the universe in the hope that she will come and help me out with some inspiration.

8 comments:

Claudia said...

Look at your lovely paintings and drawings, they would make great cards and did I read something about a children´s book?
There were many years I didn´t know how to be creative - it wasn´t until I started to put a couple of hours aside each day that I really started to make things. Check this out: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/460232/how_to_find_your_creative_muse.html?cat=7

Lisa said...

Dolci!

I just saw your comment in the vault! Thank you for saying what I think everyday. Even when people do comment, not "enough" people do, or then I think it's a "pity comment" blah blah. My mind is a tricky devil!

I think the reason, and only reason, you didn't get comments on this wonderful honest heartfelt post is because it was so late ... and also, did your link work on Jamie's blog? Because I went through all the posts (I thought) and some links didn't work for me. I would have remembered this post if I'd seen it too. I LOVE the dream about the bugs, I know I feel like the girl collecting bugs while all the artists are creating and talking and laughing elsewhere. (But bugs are fascinating too!)

I think I spotted your muse, btw. She's behind the holly leaf, luring you to come close and take these beautiful photographs :)

Anyway, glad I found you!

Lisa said...

Out of curiosity, I went back to 12Secrets and checked - silly goose, you didn't leave us a link last week to your post. You have to use Mr Linky, then you will definitely be feeling the love!

Lisa said...

Yay! A new post. I check almost every day. I'm thrilled to see that you're doing this book, too. What a joy to be on this journey with you.

I hear a lot of people saying that their muse is sort of hiding right now. They just feel blah. I seem to go in really short bursts of excitement and creativity and then plummet to "what were you thinking?"

I hope this book helps us all to capture that ornery muse!

LissaBee Creations said...

I saw your comment in the vault too. I agree with Kavindra... your photos are beautiful!

Jamie said...

How lovely to arrive and see people visiting. I'm sure your muse heard the invitation too :)

And what a generous spirit you have to want to help your loved one in that way. I hope you find what feels right to you.

Merry Thyme Fairy said...

hi dolci janet,

thank you for leaving your name with your vault comment so that more love could be invited your way! you are lovely and your ideas are so kind and beautiful. i love the pic of you as an angel when you were a child! we have some goals in common. i too ADORE working with children and young people in educational circles (i have mainly taught theatre to kids) and i also want to write children's books. so if you have any thoughts/ideas/inspirations you want to share with me, feel free. or just enjoy being a delightful part of this community. who you are makes a difference! sending fairy dust your way, brittany :)

Unknown said...

Wow, it is so lovely to have so many visitors on blog. I appreciate all of your wonderful comments.
I think my muse was listening, as well. I was able to make progress on my illustrations for my manuscript :).
Blessings to all of you.
Janet

Buffalo Rug made from fleece.