Thursday, February 17, 2011

The View

A while ago, I was asked to create a painting for my sister-in-law's guest room.
For a while I put the idea on a back burner. I just couldn't come up with a suitable idea.
Fortunately, she was still interested, so I decided to paint something with a window/door view of the beach.
I find the process of finding the right subject so challenging, sometimes.
I'm not sure why I get stuck.
I am happy with this so far. I think it needs a little more work, but I wanted to show my work in progress.

The image at the top is an earlier version of the work. I decided that the interior of the cottage needed some more detail, so I added the wreath, rug and tote bag.

6 comments:

Janet said...

What a great painting for a guest room....or any room. The additions you made are perfect. I'd love to sit in one of those chairs and look at the ocean.

Unknown said...

Hi Janet, Thank you! I was thinking the same thing as I painted this...I would love to just sit and watch the ocean.

rachel awes said...

this view is so pretty
through your soft eyes.

Lindy Gaskill said...

There are some chairs exactly like that at my sister's beach cabin and I love sitting in them and watching the water and beach activity. So refreshing to me to see chairs like that because of the good memories associated with them. Terriffic painting!

Unknown said...

Rachela and Lindy, thank you both for visiting and leaving such nice comments.

Ginny said...

I love this picture. I painted something similar last year except it has my sister and I sitting on a bench looking at the ocean.

Buffalo Rug made from fleece.