Friday, February 6, 2009

12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women



MAGIC



I believe in magic. Not just the ordinary sleight of hand, but the kind of magic that emerges when my energy is moved. The first time I realized that I could create magic was a few years ago in my classroom. I found that the kids were wrapped up in our collective magic. They never wanted to leave (for the most part). This was powerful to me and I have reflected on it every chance I get.




This magic flows for me whenever I work. The flow grows and expands as I move my energy in creative persuits. Since I have been developing my art, my energy is expanding. When an element is added, magic grows. In many ways, it's like cultivating a garden. The magic of bright orange coupled with purple infuses energy into this photo.







Energy emerges permeating the composition with color. I can equate the art that I'm producing to this color composition. When I observe these combinations, I feel a sense of wonder and beauty. There is so much joy in these colors.
If this post is off topic, I am sorry. This is where my insight brought me.
I have been working on a picture book submission. I applied for a grant and now I'm researching publishers for my story and illustrations. These are some goals that I have for my art. With sheer effort and a little MAGIC, I'll move ahead.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely analogy! I understand that kind of magic-- I think I am discovering it too! I feel that growing and expanding of energy when I am being creative and it pulls me in. I absorb and emit the magic at the same time.

Anonymous said...

I love the color combination of the orange and purple too! And seeing the flowers gets me excited for Spring. Thanks for posting.

Merry Thyme Fairy said...

hi dolci!
thanks for your comments and for answering my queries before. :)
i too am a seeker of magic. i love the magic of synchronicity when people dance instinctively in the same 'groove'! there are so many kinds...your photo is GORGEOUS! oh, it makes me smile wide. now how is it you go about researching publishers? you peeked my curiosity there. do you know what the process of submitting to them entails?
thanks for the lovely post!

Lisa said...

I'm way behind on the Creative Women group. I've been reading but never feel like I've processed it enough to write a post and then I forget to go read others' posts. lol Glad I just happened to be dropping by today. I adore this post. The colors in that photo are amazing and make my heart sing, too. Congrats on the grant!

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa, Yes, you have been very busy. The reading goes along, but you're right processing a response is a challenge for me too.
I do hope I win the grant. i won't know until Labor Day. Good gracious!
Janet

Buffalo Rug made from fleece.