Sunday, March 9, 2008

Lighthouse on the Maine Coast

While I did use an actual photograph of the Nubble Lighthouse in Maine to compose this illustration, I decided to improvise a bit with the style and details of the setting. My Niece wanted a painting for her dorm room. I decided to give her both this painting and the one of the stone railroad bridge (below). I photographed this one while it was in progress, but there were very few details left to complete. Both paintings were great fun to compose. Getting them up on my blog has taken longer than I'd like.
I keep hoping I'll get better at uploading my work and publishing to my blog.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, I just love Maine. Now I wouldn't mind having this hanging up in my dorm room...I could dream I was climbing on all those ragged rocks instead of studying for a test.

Buffalo Rug made from fleece.